Friday, October 04, 2013

My Blog Post

When I started this blog back in 2009 is was something I wanted to use to keep track of what I was doing with the stock market and then it moved to my poker playing.  It has pretty much stayed there since then.  I have tried to add a few other things in this blog just for the interestet sake and see If I could write about other things that go on in my life.

I am more than just a poker player and a stock playing person.  I have written about golf, family, disc golf, work and assorted other things.  Having not played poker in a while and unable to play online poker specifically I am finding it harder to write about just those items.  Today I was thinking about opening it up a little bit and write about my thoughts on subjects unknown.  I should inteject here that not all things I write about are the believes my me.  I may write just to get a reaction about an item.

At this time I am back in school going to college for this quarter.  As you know I lost a job in poker and was declared a "Dislocated Worker" since my job is not in demand I am eligible for worker retraining into anther field.  This is were it gets sticky.  The Poker Dealers in this area are in demand but there are no jobs.  So the state looked at this and decided to change their designation and put Poker Dealers not in demand in this area and that moved us to being able to get the "Dislocated Worker" trainging.  During this time we are able to draw unemployment and am now into Tier 2 and will lose that in about three weeks.  On my own after a year and still trying to get through the education part.  I am taking Computer Science classes that will hopefully land a job as a Customer Support at a Help Desk.

Now that the government is shut down I will continue to receive my unemployment but the cost of school has been put on hold.  I have to pay for this education on my own now ad If I don't pay for the cost then that means I will have to pay all of the back money I received from the state for not finishing.  Who's fault is that one?  I guess it is mine according to them.  Tough Luck Charlie comes to mind.

My question now is Do I have a right to College, Do I have a right to Health Care or Do I have a right to Housing?  We will see what happens.

My plan is to not only write about my poker play but to write about whatever is on my mind at the time.  I really don't want to start another blog unless it is necessary but my goal is get to back to all things poker.

Have a good day......

1 comment:

lindsaytscotts said...

want to know everyone's stats?

At HHSmithy we know that having millions of hand histories every day isn’t good enough if it is a hassle to import into your favorite tracking and table selection programs.

We know that online poker today is tough and you need to utilize every possible edge to maximize your winnings at the table. Finding the best tables to play on is impossible without up to date statistics and data on the player pool and consistently playing pots against opponents with no reads or statistics is a sure fire way to lose your bank roll fast. Never have these problems again with HHSmithy.