Thursday, August 23, 2012

Bug and Windshield

Do you ever have one of those days when you just should have stayed in bed? Everything you do just doesn’t work out like you planned. Well, that was my Thursday this last week. I ended up not doing well in the tournaments I played and the live session that night was not a good showing. One bright spot was the High Hand I was paid for at the end of the day. I did play a four hour session in the evening and got home around midnight. Playing $2-$6 was not as good as playing the $2-$10. I am getting so I like the $2-10 a lot better. The next day being Friday I spend some time in my office at home working on things I have let slide. Last night I did not do well in the live session and understanding variance in the game and if you are playing long enough things will turn around. You have to be able to withstand the downs and play through them. Understanding that you need to control your chips and not try to catch up and play too loose. Today will be a couple of tournaments and a session of live. The first tournament I was able to get to the final table and went out in 8th place. I got involved with a player that likes to bluff and I had AK and he had A7 and he caught a 7 on the river. I then started my live play and when I finished I was up for the session which made me feel better. In the afternoon tournament they started with four tables. I maintained my conservative play and started to build my chip stack. I was able to make the final table again and this time I was able to cash for $100 in the tournament. This was a good ending to my day and basically made up for the down day I had yesterday. Tomorrow is the start of my work week. Have a fun day…..

No comments: