Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Poker night

Last night I played in a tournament for the first time in about 2 weeks. I was doing well playing only hands that I knew would be winners. I played AA and the person next to me took quite a bit of time before finally folding. He figured I had the pocket Aces and I found out later he had two pair. He just didn’t want to take the chance that I would take him out of the tournament. The very next hand I played AA again and this time the same person just couldn’t believe it. He wanted to play but again didn’t want to chance it. I did play 84 BB and won when I came up with a full house. 4’s over 10’s. I would have and did win the hand as well. After that It was time to just try and hang on. I was card dead and wasn’t picking up any hands. I finally went out in about 17th place in this tournament.

I was asked if I wanted to play the live game $2 - $10 spread. I was not ready to go home yet so I sat down with $100. Second hand in I came up with KK and played this hand really strong and made a set on the river for a big pot. I really didn’t play anything else until I got another KK and again I won with this hand and ended up with about $190. I stayed a little bit longer and finally when I was down to $175 I decided to call it a night.

It was a good night. I will try to play again on Thursday night this week. Maybe do both again if the time allows. I would rather win the tournament and place in the money.

No comments: