Saturday, May 22, 2010

Ahhh the Weekend

The weekend is here and it is nice to enjoy the calm and then to regroup for the next week. We will have grandkids here today while the parents are off enjoying themselves a little bit.

This past week I started a challenge for myself and I wanted to complete 25 games of Heads Up poker. My goal is to get to 65% win rate. At the end of the week I have completed the 25 games and I finished at 52% win rate and was 13 - 12 for the week. I squeeked that out last night by winning 4 of the 5 games played. This means I ended the week in profit for the bankroll. Now I will continue this next week.

I also started playing multiple games of 9 player SnG. My goal is to play 3 rounds in one session. That would be a total of 6 games per day. I did get 8 games in this week. I got two 1st places and one 3rd for the 8 games. That helped the bankroll as well. I will continue this next week as well.

I did get a chance to play a live tournament on Monday and for the fourth time in a row I was able to get to the final table. Unfortunatly I placed in 10th.

This week I will fly out to Las Vegas for the WSOP Academy. I am leaving on Thursday and will be back on Monday. I am excited about attending and am anxious to get back and to put to use what I have learned. This will help my Live Tournament game. At the same time the WSOP is starting their tournament schedule and on Friday they will be starting the TOC and I will have a chance to watch some of that. See some of the players I watch on TV. Maybe get a chance to get some autographs? We will see.

I have been silently sitting on the side lines with the stock trading. This market has been so volatile that I don't want to risk my capital on just trading to be trading. I have been working on the area I will start trading in to get used to what these equities are doing. They are the ETF's. They are not as volatile as the regular stocks. These ETF's are in sectors so it is like trading the fund market but it will be in one area at a time. I start my mentoring on June 1 so that will be 3 months of working with someone. This will be a busy summer getting all of this done.

I am ready.

No comments: