Thursday, May 06, 2010

Sorry Thursday

I was sitting at my desk watching the stock charts and all of a sudden it started dropping and in a big way. I was shocked at what I was watching. I immediately turned on CNBC to see what was going on. All I can say is WOW!!!!! I was glad I was in cash at this time and not going long in any of the stocks. Now if I was short then I could have made some money. I am maintaining in cash for now until the market settles down and shows some movement either to the upside or the downside. At least being reasonable in movement.

This past week I have played poker on FT and PS and have done well. Especially on PS where I am playing more cash than tournaments. On FT I am playing the tournaments or SNG's and am getting on the bubble right now. I did make contact with Susie Isaacs and she responded to me and we emailed back and forth. She wrote the two books "MsPoker I'm not bluffing". Two very good books.

I have also put in two sessions of Live Tournament at Jokers. Last week was a 4th place with money and tonight was 6th place. Both times at the final table. I am trying new things at the table and tonight I bet when no one else wanted the pot and also played position and bet or raised to show strength. It was working tonight and so I will work on that part of my game in the future. In real estate it is location, location, and location. In poker it is position, position and position.

Tomorrow is my visit with the dentist for the second time this week. I really tread going but this time he has given me some meds to take to see if I can calm myself down before I get into the office. I have such a hard time with this. I really have a past with dentists and it still shows almost 40 years later. He assured me yesterday that I am not the only one. Well, I still have to show up for the appointment. At least this time I will have a better attitude.

No comments: