Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas

What is Christmas? What does it mean to you? It means something different for each person. You ask a child and then ask an adult and you will get two different answers. Are they wrong? No, each person will celebrate in the way they were raised or what they believe.

For me I do not like the commercialization of christmas. For years I have stopped shopping in the stores the day after thanksgiving. People turn rude and don't care about the next person as they only want to get to the item first at all cost. This has solved a lot of my feelings for christmas. I have taken care of it by not shopping. Now that leaves the shopping for my wife and that doesn't seem right either. She has accepted this and does well.

Ok, back to Christmas. What is Christmas? It is the celebration of the birth of Jesus. Whether you believe this or not that is what christmas is about. Somewhere we have forgotten this. I think it would be more enjoyable to help other families have a good christmas. Hence, the giving part of the year. I used to do something for families for Thanksgiving and then Christmas. Now that I have lost the job this last year I am unable to carry on with what I set out to do. Maybe this next year I can start up again.

This year think about Christmas and what it means to you and do what your heart tells you to do.

Myself, maybe a job working in the giving areas.

Merry Christmas

No comments: