Friday, June 24, 2011


Today this will be my 300th post to this blog. I guess it is sort of a milestone. This blog started out being about my writings on me working with the stock market and to see if I could make it in that field. I now have a blog at for that one. I then started to write about my poker playing in the home games and then I moved to online play and now in the Casinos. I haven't changed that and still use this one to write about my adventures in the Poker area.

I did start another blog talking about my Diabetes and what is happening with me. I do write in that one but maybe not as much. You know the confidentiality thing and I just don't want to be reminded sometimes. I know another surgery is coming around the corner and I try to ignore it as much as possible.

Ok, on to Poker. I have been talking about making a trip to Legends Casino and taking a look at their poker room. Today was that day. I left at around 1PM and arrived in Toppenish at around 2:15 or so. The last time I was in this casino was years ago and I was not impressed with the decor and the food was bad.

I walked into the Casino and it was nice looking. I walked from one end to the other just checking it out. They have added a whole new area with slot machines. Of course I have no interest in those games. The gaming area reminds me of Wildhorse Casino. They don't have a lot of tables but there were people at some of them.

I found the Poker Room. I went over to get my players reward card just in case I needed to show that to someone. I walked into the poker room which is segregated from the rest of the Casino. Basically it is in a room all to itself. There are 5 tables for Poker. At this time they were just finishing up a tournament and they had a $3-$6 Limit game going. I asked if that was the only game and at that moment that was it. I went ahead and bought into this game and sat down in the number 5 seat.

I sat and watched a number of hands before I decided to get involved. I lost a number of hands and at this point I am down 1/2 of my buy-in. Ok, time to get serious if I wasn't already.

I was dealt AK and the flop was Axx and these individuals were betting into me. Of course I hadn't shown that I could play. I ended up getting a nice big pot with this hand with just the pair of Aces.

The very next hand I received AK again. I played it the same way and everyone was putting money into the pot and in the end I had two pair with an A and a K showing. This hand sort of broke the ice with the individuals at the table for me.

I felt out of place with everyone at the table since they were all talking to each other and it was in Spanish. Sort of rude don't you think? I just stayed concentrating on my game either way.

The only other hand I won with was A2clubs for a flush when the river card came up clubs. Again each time I took down a nice pot.

At this time my chipstack is up +$60. I could have gotten up and walked out but then I didn't want to just hit and run. I stayed on and proceeded to give back $40 of it. It was getting to be time for me to drive home and be here when C got home. I left the table up +$20.

BR: +$40

It turned out to be a good week........

No comments: