Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday 7-22

This last weekend I was going to try and play at one of the casinos over in Lacey, WA. We were so tired Saturday evening after the wedding was done we just decided to stay in the room and sleep. We were both really tired.

The next morning we woke up and headed to Spanaway for breakfast with C's Sister and her husband. Great visit and we like the restaurant we go to for the great food.

We headed home and on the way we decided to take our time since there was no big rush. We drove by Snoqualmie Casino and then went through downtown Northbend. We got back on I-90 and drove to the exit for Roslyn. Remember Northern Exposure, this is the town that was represented. We drove to Cle Elum via the back roads and then got on I-90 again.

When we got to Ellensburg we drove through the canyon following the Yakima River. It was a nice drive at 35 MPH. Road Construction. We didn't care. We drove through Selah and then when we got to Yakima we took highway 97, as that is the highway before the interstate was made and we used to drive it in the 70's going to college from home.

A 4 hour trip took 6 1/2 hours. It was fun.

Anyway, on with the blog for today. I took the shuttle to Legends Casino this morning. Today I decided to play Omaha Hi/Lo if I couldn't get into the $3-$6 game. I was at the Casino at 1230 and was able to put my name on the board for the Omaha Hi/Lo $2-$4 and the $3-$6 Limit Hold'em game. I was hoping they would be able to get the $3-$6 game going. No such

I sat down at the Omaha table for only my 2nd time playing this game. The dealer told me I should be able to pick it up in about 30 minutes. I have heard this before. Well, I won the first pot and then started loosing my buy-in. How was I going to stop this slide. I started playing very tight, just throwing my hand away each time and watching everyone play, trying to figure out this game and what I was looking for.

I was down to about 1/4 of my buy in left when the floor asked me if I still wanted in the $3-$6 game that was getting ready to start. I couldn't get out of my seat fast enough. I went up to the desk and bought in again and figured I would give myself a fighting chance to get back to where I need to be.

I played about 1 1/2 hours at the hold'em table and by the time they announced that my shuttle was getting ready to leave I had gotten both buy ins back and was positive with my cashout. Whew. I know I won't be doing that again.

Time: 1 1/2 hours
Buyin: $200
Cashout: $13
Total BR: +$73
Per Hour: $9.12

Have a good weekend......

No comments: