Saturday, January 22, 2005

Friday Night Poker

I got back to playing Poker last night with the group. I haven't played since Christmas since we have been so busy with other things. There were 8 of us playing tonight. We play No Limit Hold em. Price to get in is usually $10. I was the first one to go out tonight. I thought my decisions were good. I tried to play tight. I did not play very many hands and when I did I figured I had the best hand. I had one brain fart though. I gave away a lot of my chips on one hand with a K8o. Dumb hand. I had a K show up in the flop and I thought it was the best. Wrong. The hand I was taken out on was a Full House. I had a Full House as well just not as good.
Football is on most everyones minds. On the West Coast the teams did not do very well this year. I am a Rams fan so my year is done. I have no favorites with the rest of the teams. My picks for tomorrow will be the Philadelphia Eagles over the Atlanta Falcons. I was very impressed with Atlanta last week against the Rams. That was the first time I had seen Atlanta play. They had quite a bit of speed. It will give the Eagles something to think about. I still like the Eagles.
I will also pick Pittsburgh Steelers over the New England Patriots. New England is good, real good. Depending on how the quarterback plays we will see what happens for the Steelers.

No comments: