Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Not a good night for sleeping

I really tried to sleep.  I took my sleeping pill and put the CPAP machine on and then laid back to wait until my eyes would shut and I would sleep the night away.  Didn't happen.  I could not get myself asleep at all even with the sleeping pill. 

I got up and came into my office and sat down to play some poker.  Maybe it wasn't a good idea to be on a sleeping pill at the same time.  I played 2cent/5cent for almost 2 hours and started with $6 and ended up with $3 left at 1AM.  I was getting no cards to play and with the 57 hands I played I won 10 of them and lost more than I won.  My good hands were even getting beat.

I was watching the percentage wins with the RNG and wonder if that works playing live.  Now if I was playing in a tournament then I know it does make a difference.  I tend to work the percentages more than what cards I have in my hand.  You can at least figure out when you are supposed to play the cards and against whom.

Finally at 1am I was getting tired so I headed off to bed and fell asleep.  One of the bad parts about that is when it gets to 6 or 7 am I am awake no matter what.  I am used to 8 to 9 hours of sleep and this 5 to 6 hours is just not going to hold me for the day.

I decided to put some stuff on Craigslist today and see if I can barter for some new items.  My son was able to barter a motorcycle (Crotchrocket) for a nice BMW last night.  Looks and runs good.  You just never know what you will find and what people are willing to trade.  Maybe I can start small and trade up for a Motorhome.  Wouldn't that be fun.

Have a fun day.....

No comments: