Monday, March 08, 2010

The Weekend

Having the construction done is so nice. We have been cleaning up from all the dust this created. Our sinuses are happier and I now enjoy some quiet in the house. In fact yesterday I went out and mowed the front yard. Once I start mowing it will have to be watered. I think I started something. I would really like to have Under ground sprinklers put in. That would really save me some time and the water bill.

I have been playing quite a bit of poker and am still holding my own. Not good or not bad. I have been playing more HU and I am going to continue that play. As long as I can get past the stupid plays I will be fine. These HU matches do not take very long to get through and that is nice. I try to play a number of them before taking a break or stopping for the day. I talked with the person from the WSOP Academy the other day and will finalize the trip to Vegas soon. This trip will be right at the start of the WSOP so maybe I will be able to find some of the Pros I watch on TV. That would be exciting.

We watched the Oscars last night and normally this is something I don't do. My wife likes to watch this stuff. I was so surprised to find out that Farrah Fawcett and Bea Arthur were both left off of the memorium. They said they couldn't get them all on the screen and had to leave some off. Now, come on two individuals that are well recognized? Of course, they did find space for Michael Jackson. That was a joke. I think they blew it and they know it.

New week and a new day.

No comments: