Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wednesday

I was asked if I would come in and play the live game on Sunday night. Even though I was scheduled to work the next day I figured I would stick around for a couple of hours. I started my session at 8:30PM and stayed till 11:15. This was a little bit more time than I wanted but I was sort of forced into staying longer. At around 9PM I got pocket 8's and I decided to call the bets to see if I could hit a set. On the flop came an 8 and at that point I am in the pot as long as a flush or straight possibility doesn't show up. Wouldn't you know it the flop came up with two diamonds and I needed to raise the flop to get the diamond flush chasers out of the pot. On the turn was a card that really didn't scare me and no flush available yet. I had two callers so we were headed to the river card. On the river comes an 8 which completed a flush but my quads looked good. Bets were placed and I turned over the winning hand. This gives me the nice size pot as well as the Monte Carlo of $50 and I was also the high hand for the night. This paid me another $100 if it survived for the rest of the game. Now I needed to stick around because if I hit another Monte Carlo I would get $500 for hitting the second one as well as the money for the hand. At 11:15 I was done and since I was having to work the next day my session was over. It was a good night either way with the addition of $150 to my stack. I did end up with the high hand and was paid the next day. I need to discuss the Weight Loss effort and what I am doing. Even though I started this process in May I am now in full swing working out on a daily basis. Right now I am doing 30 minutes of Treadmill and 30 minutes of Recumbant bike on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. On Tuesday and Thursday I am doing the Foundations Circuit training with Club 24. I had time to think about my goals and I wrote them down in my journal. 1. Loose weight. 2. Gain strength. 3. Decrease use of Insulin. 4. Decrease the use of medications. 5. Change lifestyle to eat and be healthy. I have to wonder if these goals are achievable or do I need to be more specific. I will have to think about each one of these and come up with my final goals. At least I have something to think about at this point. I must say I do look forward to getting into the gym each day and get this done. Have a good day....

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Nice hit on the quads!

Steve said...

Yes, it was a good night. A little longer than I wanted but it worked out. I wish all days are like that one.