Thursday, September 01, 2011

Thursday Poker

This morning I played the $1-$6 Limit Spread at Islands. It was nice to sit down and play the game and not be so concerned about the bankroll. I have been moving upwards with the BR this past week. And yes, it has been growing as well.

I have always kept books about where I am at with each game that I play. Being at Islands right now and playing with this group of players has been fun and we enjoy the hour we just sit and play the cash game. I think we enjoy trying to crack the best hand more than just working for the best hand.

Now for me even though I do enjoy what I am doing I must say I am serious
about keeping my BR in tact. I don't plan on doing anything to hurt what I have been doing. This process for me has been slow with the amount of hands I see in an hour each time I play. I need to keep the BR intact and keep looking forward.

I haven't updated the BR situation in a while in the blogs and so I sat down and went through my books and did some calculations to see where this sits. I am presently at about $375 to the good with the bankroll and this will continue to give me the opportunity to play this game. Yes, this is a low limit game and it will take me some time. I accept that, and I do get to play the $3-$6 limit game once a month. I do sit in this game about 3 - 4 hours at a time.

The other part of what I am doing was not planned for. I am playing in more tournaments now as well. Today I was able to chop the pot for 1st and 2nd place. Playing tournaments is not a winning game plan for growing the bankroll. You have to win a very large tournament with big money to keep playing. I play tournaments for the fun of the competition. Trying to play the game appropriately and working on the strategy that best fits my game. The way I see it is if I do well in the cash game, then that pays for the tournaments to get the opportunity at some point for the bigger win.

I guess it all comes down to attitude and how you accept yourself when you are playing this game. Are you able to make the proper decisions with the cards you are dealt? Can you tell the best story about what cards you want them to believe you are holding? Today I made a move on another player with 102 and he had AJ. The flop came down J10x. I went all in to tell the story I had the nuts. Was the decision right? I don't think so, but I had that gut feeling. Turn card was a 2. River was a blank. I win with two pair. He now sees my range of hands I am willing to play. This person raises quite a bit and I wanted to play a hand with him to tell the story that I play a wide range of hands. The next time I busted the player. Some stories last awhile. He thought I was loose and actually I was playing tight.

I plan on being at the table again tomorrow morning. Another table, another story. But we can have fun telling our stories to each other. I hope you are having as much fun playing the game as I am.

There are other things that are weighing in for my time. I try to juggle all of the needs but this one item allows me to focus on something other than what is happening with family and for a few hours I can play a game I enjoy.

Have a fun day.....

No comments: