Saturday, March 19, 2011

Poker Friday

I decided to go ahead and play in the Friday tournament since the structure is good and I want to keep my hand going in the tournaments. I probably should have just stayed away. After 2 hours of playing and not really getting myself into any situations that would help me I ended up being in 22nd out of 34 runners.

Towards the end I started pushing my stack all in. I know the table does not like this but I was so down in the "M" department that I had to do something. I got QQ and was up against AK and QQ and split the pot when no A or K showed up. That helped a little. Then I got AA and got all in and the other person had AJ and he got a J on the flop. That really hurt my chances to make a comeback and so the last hand was came soon after.

I really want to spend the time playing in Live Cash games and get that part of my game going. I have done well and enjoy the time spent.

I have been reading "Early Retirement Extreme" and it is so interesting to see how one can live on little income. We are so ingrained to go get a job and work and buy all of this stuff that we don't need. Then of course you have to have all the credit cards and pay them off over your lifetime. You owe your life to credit and the job to pay for it. That of course is what big business wants you to do.

The first thing that is talked about is your living space. How much do you need and how much do you spend. It is worked out in dollars per month and so if you alone need space about $400/month would be good? That of course depends on size and what you are willing to live without.

The next item that was looked at was decluttering. I figure we all could do this one. We have been married for 35 years and you can imagine the stuff we have that we haven't looked at or used in a number of years. If we got rid of most of the stuff then we would definitely have more room that would not be needed. I have been using Craigslist to try and sell some of the stuff. I have used Freecycle but not lately.

The next item on the list is Food. Having a family is different but I know that we do not eat like we used to. We do visit the restaurants more these days and we need to back away from them. That would definitely help our budget. Eating better and cooking our own meals would be a good thing for both of us. I don't mind salads as long as the leafs aren't wilting. I will have to think some more on this one.

There are like 21 items on the list and I will read them all to see what we can institute and how it can work in our lives. My biggest concern right now is how do I make $100 per week. That right now would be something I would like to do. The biggest question I have is say $6,000 and I want to earn $100 per week. How do I go about this? Any ideas out there?

Woke up this morning not feeling well so lets hope we are not getting the flu. I got my flu shot this year and lets hope it holds up.

Have a fun day......

No comments: