Sunday, August 07, 2011

Got to get caught up

I have been slow in getting this caught up. I started reading "All In" by Jerry Yang a couple of days ago and it has been so interesting that I couldn't put it down until I was done with reading it last night.

I really enjoy these types of books to get inside the lives of the poker pros to see how they tick. What are they like outside of the tournaments and what made thembe like they are today. Very interesting read. I would recommend it to anyone. If you are looking for advice on how to play you will have to read between the lines to figure out what worked for him.

I am also reading a book by Elky Grospillier called "Raiser's Edge" Very interesting in that I can see why he plays the way he does.

My next book is by Annie Duke "Decide to play Great Poker" and this one is good as well.

You would think with all of the book reading I do I would have all of this figured out by now. I should say I am getting an understanding of what I should do. It is all about decisions and making the correct ones at the table.

On Thursday evening I got a call that Jokers was going to have a cash game going at $2-10 Spread Limit. Again I am not a fan of this but decided to go on down and play. Well, they ended up only having 4 players start and got up to 5 or 6 at one time and then went back down to 4. I was not happy with this since I would rather play a full game at this level. It took me 2 hours to go through my buyin.

TT: 13 1/2 Hours
Time: 2 hours
BI: $100
CO: 0
RBR: -$167

No comments: