Thursday, August 16, 2012

Weight Loss Journey

Now that I am through the second week of the Foundation class, I am feeling a little bit better about my progress. Going through the feelings of “I can’t do this” and “ will I die” in the process of the changes I am making. Getting started in the third week the Foundation class changed again. We are doing different exercises and the time is changing as well. We are now doing 30 to 45 seconds of exercise with 15 seconds rest. I would try to keep up with the maximum time working out but with some of them I would revert to the 30 seconds on and take more rest in between. I want to continue to push myself if I can get my body to agree with me. I have to remember this is week number three and I can’t solve all issues in a short amount of time. I did get my assessment done with Club24 and now I have an idea of what workouts I need to continue with. We also discussed nutrition and what I should eat and what to stay away from. Since I am diabetic, I am concerned with carbs more than calories. It just makes things easier for me. I hate diets and if someone starts talking diet to me I run the other direction because I know I will not follow through. I like to eat and there are foods that are comfort foods. I have to break that chain. One to them is when I watch TV at night I will snack. Nutrition will be a huge part of the lifestyle change for me. Since I will be doing foundations two times per week I will need to continue walking outdoors. I am scheduling five days of walking outside and then the two days of Foundations. I will need to figure out what to do when the one month trial ends. Have a fun day……

No comments: