Thursday, August 23, 2012

Weight Loss Journey

I am going to try and catch up with myself here since I started late writing the blogs about my journey. The area of time I am dealing with right now is mid June . I had continued with the foundation class and completed the trial period. I knew that in the end I would need to come up with something to continue working out. I decided not to continue Foundations and start a schedule for myself of the times I would be in Club24. Between the time of ending the trial membership and starting on my own I came down with a cold. I did not feel like working out since I was continuing to work and I was so tired when I got home. Working out was the furthest thing from my mind at this point. This was the time that I could have given up and not gone back to Club24. I think one of the best things I did was I signed a contract for two years a week back and that was the thing that was keeping me on track. At this time I had stopped walking outdoors so for a week I did nothing. No exercises at all. During this last month I visited with two of my physicians and I told them I was exercising so if I stopped now it wouldn’t look very good for me. It is now the 18th of June and I decided it was time to get back on track and start my exercise program again. I also just had an issue with my diabetes while dealing at the poker table. This just told me I really need to do something about my weight and my nutrition efforts. I wasn’t in a good place in my mind but I needed to do something to get going. I started this and I need to finish. I struggled with myself because of the effort I was having to put in and the rewards I could see. My weight was not dropping as I wanted so the benefits of working out was not there. At this time I am now on my own trying to work through this. My plan now is to start going to Club24 on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes and then get on the recumbent Bike for 30 minutes. My nutrition needs are still up in the air on what I should eat. I should say that when I talk about nutrition I am talking meals. In my mind I need to see meals that I can eat not just items. They have to be easy to fix or buy as our schedules are real crazy and we are not home very much. My attitude to workout has to get better and remember the time it took me to get here. It is not coming off in a week.

No comments: