Sunday, August 26, 2012

Weight Loss Journey

Since I have settled on a routine for working out and trying to keep to a schedule, things are going better. I finally got through the cold symptoms. During this time I was asked if I would be interested in showing that a person could lose weight by sticking with a program at Club24 and especially the trials of working through this with the diabetes. As I have said before I wear an insulin pump so I have some areas that will need to be watched closely. I restarted the Foundations classes on Tuesday and Thursday and I continued working out on Monday, Wednesday and Friday doing the treadmill and the recumbent bike. I am now working out five days per week at one hour per day. I expected some changes to happen with my attitude for working out and of course changes with my body. The item that bothered me for awhile was my legs. They are very tired and I was having issues with my stamina. Doing the Club24 now for a month and a half, I could feel some relief in my legs and being able to do the workouts. Another issue was my lower back. Some of the exercises in foundation require squats and steps. I was now having a problem completing some of them. I would work through the pain and would stop when I needed to, and take a second or two and try to continue on. I am happy to say that I can get through all three sets of exercises and that itself is a big accomplishment for me. Nutrition is still an issue in that I am now seeing some Blood Sugar numbers lower than I am used to. I have been diligently working on my breakfast foods, lunch and dinner. I need to work on this part of the meals. My motivation continues to be strong and I have been watching “Extreme Makeover” on TV and seeing real people struggle through their weight loss efforts and knowing if they can do this I can to. I have been called “the little short fat kid” and it always made me aware of my weight. Doing something about this will help that become a memory and will be a nickname that will not be used anymore. With the stresses I have had I always go to my comfort foods which are nachos and popcorn and will sit in front of the TV and watch whatever is on so I wouldn’t have to think about the problems. I am working on changing items in my life to allow myself to handle these stresses with a clear mind and a better attitude.

No comments: