Friday, September 14, 2012

Weight Loss Journey

In this blog I am going to write about what happened during the last half of August. Just a couple more and I will be caught up with the weight loss journey. I have been having issues with my mental attitude. It is coming from not losing weight fast enough or the fact that I have one night where I eat something and I gain a pound or two back. It gets frustrating for me. Somehow I need to get my mental part of me going again. Since I have a problem with time working out, I haven’t done anything with the revolutions class. I have been working out five to six days a week on the treadmill and recumbent bike. I don’t know if this is enough to get me to my goal or if the revolutions workout is where I should be. Club24 does have other workouts available and that might be what I need to look at as well. I decided to try something new with my workouts. I was doing 30 minutes on the treadmill at 3mph with an incline of one. On the Recumbent bike I was doing the 30 minutes at the resistance of eight. I would do this every day. I needed to set mini goals for myself to keep me going so I would watch the calorie counter and would make sure I hit a certain number before I stopped. This would also increase the time I was walking and riding the bike. I then added the mileage to my goal. I would now set two miles plus the calorie number in my mind as the goal to hit before I stopped. I did the same with the recumbent bike and I would get myself to six miles and the calories had to be over the 200 number. This helped me get back on track and excited when I would reach these goals. I did have one day where I was starting to fall asleep on the bike. My blood sugars got too low and I stopped my work out and went and ate some food. I can tell when I might get myself in trouble and am aware of when I should back off on what I am doing. I will see my physician in a couple of weeks to see if I might be able to decrease the insulin pump and keep at my goal of getting rid of it completely. One item we did find out for next year is that our health care reimbursement allowance will be cut in half. One big reason for me pushing for weight loss and getting myself off of the insulin. That would save us a lot of money. My nutrition has been changing. I decided to join a company that has a weight loss plan and I am going to try this to see if it works for me. I am finding myself naturally not as hungry or wanting to eat the foods I ate a lot of. Now I have my workout with Club24 and I am happy with my routine, and now that I have added the nutrition part I hope to see some better results. Now that it is at the end of August my weight is at 230 pounds. I have lost a total of 13 pounds since May. I also went on a shopping trip to try on some new clothes. I am so close to dropping a size in my pants and my shirts. Maybe next month I will be able to purchase some new clothes. I am anxious to see the weight drop into the 20’s. I feel better and hoping I am looking better as well.

No comments: