Friday, November 16, 2012

It's the Weekend Already?

It has been a busy week for me doing my daily workout and spending time at Worksource taking my computer class. Looking forward to the weekend to play some poker and the surgery that didn't happen. I have been getting my workouts in on a daily basis and still have not looked at the scale to see where I am at. When I was at the doctors office, the other day, they weighed me on their scale and I was at 231. I know that is not correct since I had my clothes on and I should be around the 227 mark, and if that is correct I am headed into another month without loosing any weight. I know the inches are coming off and people have mentioned that I am looking better. Wish it would show it by loosing the weight. In fact the winter jacket I bought last year is now too big for me. My other jacket is not warm enough and is slightly smaller. The problems with loosing weight and having to buy different clothes. I think that is a good problem to have. I have been taking a class at Worksource on computers. The class is called Operating System Windows 7. I figured I will get this one in and then do one more called Concepts. This one will give me the hardware and software concepts. I am ready to take the test on Windows 7 and will do that on Monday. Then I will start the Concepts class when I can get back into Worksource after the surgery. I have not played any poker this week. I would really like to spend one or two evenings playing the $2-$4 limit game. I have been thinking about some goals for this and I would like to stay at this level until I build up the bankroll to $500 and then move into the $2-$10 Limit Spread game. At that point anytime I am below the $500 I will move back to the lower game and build back up. I didn't go to the Wildhorse Roundup this past week since my bankroll is not big enough to pay for the buy-in. Playing tournaments just takes too much bankroll and not enough money being made on a consistant basis. The smaller tournaments like the Freerolls and the $5 tournaments are the ones I will probably play and see if I can get the bankroll up without depleting the money. The Surgery that was to take place on Thursday did not happen. I was called on Wednesday and was told the part did not come in and they needed to reschedule me. Now the surgery will be on the 21st of November. I quess I will definitely be laid up for Thanksgiving. I think someone dropped the ball and didn't get the part ordered that was needed. This will put me a week behind with my schedules and I have two important meetings on the 27th and December 4. I will not be weight bearing at that time and may not be on crutches either. Hopefully I will not have any problems with the job hunting during this time. We are now headed into the Thanksgiving week and I hope everyone is thankful for something. I am thankful for my family and friends and the opportunity to give everyone reading my blog a snippet of my life while I write about what I do with myself. Have a fun day...... Bankroll = $210

1 comment:

lightning36 said...

gl with the surgery.