Saturday, January 28, 2006

Grandson Story

I tell you when Friday evening came along I was ready to turn the brain off and just do nothing. And that is what I did. I made it through a work day.

Why is it that you must always choose? Is it our nature as a civilization or is it something religious? I think most decisions we make have 2 sides and you have to put up with the consequences of that decision. Now, how is that for being vague about the issue? Just something to ponder.

I will not be playing poker over the weekend since I am on call from Thursday thru Sunday. Just can't chance tying up the computer. I am thinking about starting up an email poker game. That would be interesting. Having up to 10 people playing. It would be a slow process but may be fun to try. I am also working on a blackjack game that would be somewhat like poker. Since I enjoy both games why not try to put them together. My mind sometimes works overtime and then you have to take the time to implement what I have thought about. That can be dangerous.

Did you see the cartoon with Garfield with a Bathrobe on drinking coffee and he says, " I am not fat, my brain is full and it had to go somewhere." I like it. It fits me well. I put the sign up at work. And working into that I should say that my weigh in for the day netted 237. Now I have to make sure I don't gain it back and will work on one more pound this next week. No pressure, just do the right things. That exercise thing is still sitting out there that I know at some point I will have to do. Can I keep from it?

Oh yes, the story. My wife went to pick up our grandson the other morning and he was in a grumpy mood. He didn't want to kiss his dad good-bye and got in the car to go to daycare. As they were driving he decided that he did want to kiss dad but it was too late. He didn't like that and stated that he then did not want to play with the kids at daycare. My wife said that would be alright but if he didn't then he would need to go stand in the corner. Well, when he arrived at Daycare he walked into the room and the teacher said good morning and he looked at her and immediately walked over to the corner and stood there. My understanding was that he was in a grumpy mood all day. He is learning how to try and manipulate people to do what he wants. It doesn't work with us. At least grandma.

Today is going to be busy with 2 events going on this evening. One at a very nice restaurant in town and the other after that is a Birthday party for a friend. Hopefully I don't get called for computer related needs.

No comments: