Thursday, March 22, 2012

Happy Factor

I dealt two final tables yesterday and was kept busy at both of them. I was glad when I was done and we closed up the area and went home.

I was trying to make up my mind whether to go back for the evening bounty tournament. I keep hearing about how good this tournament is and I am usually not available to play Wednesday evening. The decision was made about 45 minutes before the tournament started to go ahead and try it out.

I am glad I did. It was a fun tournament dealing with the bounty button. We had re-buys available so for the first two rounds I waited for spots to go all in and try to double my chip stack. I ended up loosing the chips and did one re-buy and started to get serious about playing. I wasn't too far behind at this point.

I did make the final table and from there I started winning some pots and at the end we chopped the total purse four ways and we each made $100. Not a bad night and this also adds to the bankroll. I also got $5 for each bounty taken out and I cashed in four of them. One of them was mine.

I have a number that I wanted to reach for my bankroll and last night I reached it. I am very pleased and now I am going to go after the next number I want to achieve before the end of the month. Is that setting goals?

I was reading an article out of "Bluff" magazine last night talking about the happy number. The way they referred to it was as $H. What is your $H number? If you don't like what your doing you have the decision to change that and be happy. Mine is poker right now. I enjoy the game and what it gives me. I also enjoy being with my friends and family and I do that as well. Taking time for friends and family is important to me and I will not play poker if I have the opportunity to be with them. So, having a $H is important to keep some balance.

Have a fun day......

No comments: