Saturday, March 24, 2012

Take a Seat

I will usually read two or three poker books at a time. I will try to find some common ground in the books that help me build my strategy when I get a chance to play tournament poker. It is one of those things that you are always learning and I am constantly working on my game.

I tend to go back and forth between Live play and Tournament play and there is a difference in how I approach them. I have to sit down and then think about my goals in the game before I start.

One of the first things I do is look around me in tournament poker. Who am playing with at the table? Are these players older or younger? Have I played against them before and what have they done against me.

Another area is looking to my left and right two players away. Usually these will be the players I will be playing against most of the time. The same questions go through my mind about these players.

I like to make friends at the table and if I can get someone to talk with me then I feel I might learn something about them. This goes a long ways into understanding what they are trying to do when they play.

The first two or three levels I am not wanting to play unless I have a very good premium hand. I am saving my chips for the higher levels when I need to start making plays. I am not someone that will bluff but I have been known to try and get the pot if the board looks like it might help me. Doesn't everyone?

The new book I am reading is Jonathan Little's book Volume 1. He has a new book out Volume 2 and I do plan on buying it as well. My delimma right now is do I purchase as an eBook or get the hard copy? I still haven't decided to get the Kindle Fire yet so waiting to purchase the book. Just can't make that decision yet.

Well, it is off to work today. Will be dealing possible 3 tournaments and some live play. Will be pretty tired by the time I get home.

Have a fun day......

No comments: